Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
Elevates HCM by Switching from On-Premise to Cloud Delivery
- Faster, more streamlined software upgrades
- Enhanced HR functionality and additional feature sets
- Better data protection and recovery for business continuity when disruptions occur
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute (SBRI) is dedicated to the advancement of global health. The organization’s infectious disease research is the foundation for new drugs, vaccines, and diagnostics that benefit those who need our help most: 14 million people who will otherwise die each year from infectious diseases. A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1976, SBRI has hundreds of staff members working in research labs in Seattle, WA and field labs in Tanzania.
After deploying Ultimate’s on-premise human capital management (HCM) solution for HR, payroll, benefits, and recruitment management in 2007, SBRI’s HR and payroll teams experienced increased efficiencies and business value. However, the company believed that both the HR and IT departments could achieve even greater benefits by elevating its HRMS to Ultimate Software’s cloud technology.
• By moving to a cloud platform, SBRI experiences all of the advantages of the latest hardware for its HCM solution without incurring additional expense.
• Ultimate’s cloud services feature a system uptime of 99%, so customers like Seattle Biomedical have a solid plan for business continuity if a system failure interrupts its HR related processes..
• By eliminating expenses for hardware and application upgrades, companies can reduce the operating costs that typically come with an on-premise system.