Farmers Home Furniture
Overhauls Talent Acquisition with UltiPro
- Enhanced HR services from HQ are enabling store managers to focus on their customers
- Company’s online job postings are generating significantly more applications, helping to offset the challenge of a tight labor market
- UltiPro Onboarding is helping improve employees’ time-to productivity at the stores
Farmers Home Furniture is a fast-growing retailer with over 230 stores, and is opening 10-15 more per year across the southeastern United States.
Prior to UltiPro, the company’s manual recruiting and onboarding processes created a heavy administrative burden for the corporate HR team and store managers. At the HR corporate office, over 30,000 pieces of paper were transmitted by fax every month, requiring significant resources to be devoted to centralized paper processing and data entry. In the field, HR responsibilities pulled store managers away from their selling and coaching roles to handle all local recruiting activities and hiring paperwork. Farmers Home Furniture had no online job postings, and all applications had to be delivered on paper at the store by walk-in candidates. The company sought an HCM solution that could elevate visibility into operations while modernizing its talent
• HR has transformed the way the company supports its stores, delivering true HR resources.
• HR is posting positions online and helping the stores screen candidates, so store managers can focus on customers.
• The onboarding process has been overhauled, with new hires clocking in and being cleared to start their training within 15 minutes.