Ultimate Software Delivers Expanded Global HCM, Significant User Experience Enhancements in Latest Release; Announces UltiPro Managed Services
Date: December 11, 2013 11:00 AM EDT
WESTON, Fla.--Ultimate Software (Nasdaq: ULTI), a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, today announced that it has delivered numerous enhancements to its HCM solution in the UltiPro Fall 2013 release, with expanded capabilities in the areas of global human capital management (HCM), global payroll integration, and configurability as well as a modern new UltiPro user experience. Ultimate also announced the addition of UltiPro Managed Services, a new set of service offerings that allows customers to have UltiPro Managed Services handle select components of HR, payroll, and benefits management for their organizations instead of the customers’ in-house staff.
“Our latest version of UltiPro and our new UltiPro Managed Services address our primary objective: simplifying people’s work lives,” said Adam Rogers, chief technology officer at Ultimate Software. “With enhancements like a redesigned, more intuitive user experience and the ability for non-technical users to easily tailor UltiPro to meet their business objectives, the Fall 2013 release of UltiPro focuses on making work less complex for every person in the organization.”
Global HCM Enhancements
In line with Ultimate’s strategy to provide multinational businesses with one global HCM platform to support all employees worldwide, the Fall 2013 release of UltiPro delivers several global HCM enhancements, including:
- Global Payroll Integration. With the Fall 2013 release, UltiPro now gives customers a global payroll connector between UltiPro and leading global payroll provider Celergo. With the Celergo integration, businesses can quickly and easily exchange employee HR, pay, and compensation details from UltiPro to Celergo's global payroll service in more than 30 countries.
- Additional Language Support. UltiPro’s latest release delivers Brazilian Portuguese in addition to U.S., Canadian, and UK English variants as well as Canadian-French and Spanish.
- Global-Ready Business Process Support. The Fall 2013 release adds several new business processes to better support the needs of multinational organizations, including global job and salary changes, global location management, and new global attributes, such as additional employment contract fields and additional job fields, that allow for more comprehensive global workforce insight and management.
- European Operations. To further assist our customers with employees located around the world, Ultimate Software is expanding its operations to include a new office in London, England, focused on supporting our customers with UltiPro consulting and support services. This expansion of our customer services team outside of North America is a critical component of Ultimate’s global strategy. The office is scheduled to open in January 2014.
Enhanced Solution Configurability
With the Fall 2013 release, Ultimate introduced a visual platform configuration interface that helps customers make frequently needed system changes and achieve a highly tailored HCM solution without requiring technical resources. Customers can independently create and manage new fields and capabilities within UltiPro to address specific business needs and then reconfigure UltiPro over time without having to rely on any consulting intervention.
Capabilities include the ability to:
- Add or move customer-created data fields in any language, including those with double-byte characters, such Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Use drag-drop functionality for the placement of new data elements
- Automatically have newly created fields available for use in workflow and reporting via UltiPro’s robust business intelligence solution
- ‘Test-drive’ configurations before applying them
New User Experience
With a significant visual update to UltiPro, including completely new dashboards for managers and employees designed with simplicity and effectiveness in mind, a refreshed look and feel, and improved navigation throughout UltiPro, the newest version of UltiPro incorporates feedback from end users designed to make completing work within UltiPro quicker and simpler.
“Too often user experience is mistaken for how visually appealing a solution looks,” said Rogers. “User experience is not just about aesthetics—it’s about how the solution truly performs and makes work simpler for users. Ultimate is transforming UltiPro by leveraging a research-driven design process based on how end users work on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide a modern, consumer-like HCM technology experience to employees at every level of the organization.”
UltiPro Managed Services
As the complexities of managing and paying employees have evolved, HCM technology customers are expressing growing interest in specialized assistance managing parts of these functions without sacrificing the control of or access to their employee data that they enjoy with a cloud solution. To enhance the end-to-end HCM service options Ultimate already provides to its customers, the company today announced a new service offering called UltiPro Managed Services. Through Ultimate’s November 2013 acquisition of the assets of Accel HR, customers can now have UltiPro Managed Services handle selected components of HR, payroll, benefits, and HCM technology management functions, designed for companies that prefer not to use internal resources for these business processes.
Based in Alpharetta, Georgia, Accel HR has provided HR, payroll, benefits, technology administration, and consulting services to large and middle-market corporate customers throughout North America for more than nine years. Since 2007, Accel HR has partnered exclusively with Ultimate to provide managed HR, payroll, and benefits services to UltiPro customers in diverse industries. Ultimate’s acquisition of the assets of Accel HR increases the range of services that Ultimate offers to its customers and streamlines the delivery of these services to Accel HR’s current customer base.
Unlike typical outsourced payroll or HRIS services that take a one-size-fits-all approach, UltiPro Managed Services will allow customers to define the specific service solution that best meets their organizations’ unique needs by choosing from a combination of payroll management, HRIS, and/or benefits management services to ensure optimal business results.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, with more than 10 million people records in the cloud. Built on the belief that people are the most important ingredient of any business, Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, and talent management solutions that seamlessly connect people with the information and resources they need to work more effectively. Founded in 1990, the company is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and has more than 1,800 professionals focused on developing the highest quality solutions and services. In 2013, Ultimate was ranked #9 on FORTUNE’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For; recognized as a ‘Leader’ in Nucleus Research’s HCM Technology Value Matrix; and awarded the highest rating by Constellation Research in its Cloud Buyer’s Bill of Rights Certification. Ultimate has more than 2,500 customers with employees in 144 countries, including Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bloomin’ Brands, Culligan International, Major League Baseball, Pep Boys, Texas Rangers Baseball, and Texas Roadhouse. More information on Ultimate’s products and services for people management can be found at www.ultimatesoftware.com.
UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
Follow Ultimate Software on Twitter: www.twitter.com/UltimateHCM
Follow Ultimate Software on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/UltimateHCM
Senior Director of PR and Communications
For Sales Information:
Ultimate Software, 800-432-1729
Web site: www.ultimatesoftware.com