Ultimate Software Celebrates Landmark Event at Its 100th HR Workshop in Miami, FL
Date: April 21, 2014 4:53 PM EDT
WESTON, Fla.--Ultimate Software (Nasdaq: ULTI), a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, announced today that its 100th HR Workshop will be held on Thursday, April 24 at The Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. Ultimate Software started its HR Workshop program in 2008 as a strategic, collaborative way to bring together leaders in human resources, talent management, recruitment, compliance, training, and retention for a range of interactive sessions.
Since its inception, Ultimate’s HR Workshop program has assembled approximately 8,000 professionals from more than 11,500 companies in HR, payroll, finance, and IT throughout the U.S. and Canada. These peers interact in an intimate setting, identify both short- and long-term business drivers, share proven ideas, discuss and evaluate industry trends, and exchange innovative methodologies with one another.
In addition to its HR Workshops, Ultimate also supports HR, payroll, and IT professionals through its HCM Online Academy—a free, online resource that provides options for distance learning. To date, more than 3,600 HR/payroll professionals have registered for Ultimate’s Online Academy where they have quick access to videos, white papers, third-party studies, and more.
At its 100th HR Workshop in Miami, Ultimate will host high-level HR executives from well-known companies, industry analysts, and two employment attorneys from a prestigious law firm. The discussions will cover how to:
- help organizations reach new heights through HR transformation
- recognize the changes in human capital management and understand where it’s headed
- understand the drivers of the global competition for critical talent
- avoid key labor and employment law risks during acquisitions
- steer clear of social media missteps, and more
Agenda for Miami/Coral Gables HR Workshop
- 8:15 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.: Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.: Helping Your Organization Reach New Heights through HR Transformation
- 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.: Panel Discussion: How Has Human Capital Management Changed and Where Is It Headed?
- 11:15 a.m. to Noon: Ultimate Showcase and Refreshment Break
- Noon to 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and Networking Opportunities
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Best Practices in Talent Management Strategy from an HR Expert
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Key Labor and Employment Law Land Mines to Avoid During Acquisitions
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Ultimate Showcase and Refreshment Break
- 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Social Media Leaders Tell All about Avoiding Social Media Missteps
Speakers at the Miami HR Workshop are:
- Mark Simpson, Texas Roadhouse, Vice President of Legendary People
- Patrick Sterling, Texas Roadhouse, Senior Director, Risk and People Administration
- Nikki Jackson, Nikki Jackson Consulting, Principal Owner
- Dorothy Knapp, Society for Human Resource Management, Field Services Director in the Southeast Region
- Sharlyn Lauby, ITM Group, President
- John Nykolaiszyn, Florida International University, Associate Director
- Michael VanDervort, The Human Race Horses, Author and Blogger
- Dan C. Dargene, Ogletree Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., Shareholder
- David M. DeMaio, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C., Shareholder
To see the full agenda, register for the event, or view dates for upcoming workshops, visit www.ultimatesoftware.com/Events-HR-Workshops.
The Miami HR Workshop has been approved for 5.0 recertification credits (1.0 of which is a business/strategic credit) from the HR Certification Institute, 5.0 credits from the National Registry of CPE Sponsors in the Personnel/HR or Business Law fields of study, and 5.0 rchs from the APA.
About Ultimate Software
Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, with more than 15 million people records in the cloud. Built on the belief that people are the most important ingredient of any business, Ultimate’s award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, compensation, and time and labor management solutions that seamlessly connect people with the information and resources they need to work more effectively. Founded in 1990, the company is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and has more than 1,900 professionals focused on developing the highest quality solutions and services. In 2014, Ultimate was ranked #20 on FORTUNE’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For; recognized as a ‘Leader’ in Nucleus Research’s HCM Technology Value Matrix; and awarded the highest rating by Constellation Research in its Cloud Buyer’s Bill of Rights Certification. Ultimate has 2,700 customers with employees in 150 countries, including Adobe Systems Incorporated, Bloomin’ Brands, Culligan International, Major League Baseball, Pep Boys, Texas Rangers Baseball, and Texas Roadhouse. More information on Ultimate’s products and services for people management can be found at www.ultimatesoftware.com.
UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. vRide is a registered trademark of vRide, Inc. All other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
Follow Ultimate Software on Twitter: www.twitter.com/UltimateHCM
Follow Ultimate Software on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/UltimateHCM
Senior Director of PR and Communications
For Sales Information:
Ultimate Software, 800-432-1729
Web site: www.ultimatesoftware.com