The AMES Companies
Elevates HCM to Strategic Levels with UltiPro
- Expands strategic capabilities through advanced, cost-effective HCM functionality
- Converts on-the-spot metrics and business intelligence into impactful results that span the company
- Achieves peak talent acquisition with tight alignment of recruitment, onboarding, and business collaboration
The AMES Companies is a global provider of non-powered landscaping products that make work easier for homeowners and professionals. Headquartered in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, and with a company history that dates back to 1774, Ames True Temper manufactures and markets a wide variety of long-handled tools, wheelbarrows, pruning tools, garden hoses and hose reels, striking tools, snow tools, planters, and lawn accessories.
Ames True Temper had been using a payroll service bureau that proved to be expensive, cumbersome, and lacked the end-to-end functionality the manufacturing company wanted in order to elevate its HR operations into strategic levels. Ames True Temper’s eight-person HR department had been very transactional, and its systems were used only by HR and payroll. The only information being captured electronically was basic personnel information, pay, and deductions.
• The HR team now can synchronize the UltiPro solution with online job sites, providing HR with visibility into all open requisitions across the entire company.
• Hiring managers can access UltiPro 24-7 to view the status or progress on specific requisitions.
• New employees become quickly acculturated to the company.