Masters Complex HCM with UltiPro
- Handles complex requirements for multi-state taxation and payroll associated with unions
- Reduces costs by moving away from an ERP system
- Quickly scales payroll ranging from 200 to 1,200 employees
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and members of the Central Division of Major League Baseball’s National League. The sports organization is one of two MLB clubs based in Chicago and one of the two remaining charter members of the National League. The club is the oldest active team in major North American sports.
As part of the Tribune Company, the Chicago Cubs previously used a large enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to manage the baseball team’s HR and payroll processes. After the club was acquired by Ricketts Acquisition, the Cubs needed to quickly move to an HCM solution that could address the team’s range of compensation challenges. For example, many states and cities have complicated tax regulations requiring professional athletes to pay taxes in each state where they play, even if they’re only on the field for a few hours.
The Chicago Cubs needed a comprehensive HCM solution that could smoothly handle its complex compensation issues as well as deliver the tools to help the organization stay compliant and efficiently manage additional HR-related operations.
• UltiPro delivers scalable functionality.
• Automated processes improves data accuracy and manual reconciliation is minimized for a correct payroll.
• No requirement for costly hardware or maintenance of an ERP system.
• Eliminated days of data entry by handling wage changes for groups at one time.