Orange Lake Resorts
Manages growth with UltiPro Onboarding and UltiPro Business Intelligence
- Sped up team member onboarding process and improve accuracy of data with paperless workflow
- Leveraged data and metrics UltiPro provides to improved employee management
- Created dashboards that enable company leaders to have real-time data at their fingertips
Orange Lake Resorts is a leader in the vacation ownership industry and home to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations® brand. With 26 resorts and 7,400 villas in the United States, the company has more than 340,000 timeshare owners and 6,000 employees.
During a companywide initiative to standardize IT platforms, Orange Lake Resorts sought a solution that would provide comprehensive HCM functionality and outstanding customer service. Orange Lake Resorts selected UltiPro and went live in July 2013.
After going live with UltiPro for core HR, payroll, and benefits management, Orange Lake Resorts later opted to add on UltiPro for new employee onboarding, and is seeing substantial strategic benefits as a result.
“UltiPro Onboarding was a new capability for us and has significantly impacted our business,” said Cynthia Wood, senior director, HRIS and business planning, for Orange Lake Resorts. “We have been able to speed up the team member onboarding process, as well as improve the accuracy of our data with a nearly paperless workflow.”
“The customer service at Ultimate is extraordinary,” said Wood. “We needed to find the most efficient way to enter new employees into the system. Ultimate’s service team and developers worked with us to create the import files we needed. Whenever we ask a question, Ultimate is quick to respond and there is someone available to help us.”
As Orange Lake Resorts rapidly expands, UltiPro’s business intelligence capabilities have also become a key planning tool for the business. The company’s previous solution had limited reporting capabilities, and Orange Lake Resorts is now leveraging the data and metrics UltiPro provides to their team to improve the whole process of managing employees. Some examples include:
• Benefit notifications that go out to employees at their 30- and 60-day eligibility dates
• Reminders to leaders related to outstanding reviews, check-in meetings with their new employees, anniversaries, and birthdays
• Notices to the benefits team when employee changes dictate a change in benefits
• Alerts to detect errors due to keying in new hire information incorrectly
“We are also developing dashboards to report status on employment activity and turnover, recruiting, and performance management,” said Wood. “These dashboards enable our leaders to have real-time data available at their fingertips.”