Berkeley College of New Jersey
Achieving higher levels of employee adoption with HRM technology
- Consolidated and simplified talent management processes
- Fostered better communication and collaboration related to talent acquisition, onboarding, and performance management
- Leveraged latest technology for higher levels of employee adoption and engagement
A leader in business education since 1931, Berkeley College enrolls nearly 9,000 students, including more than 800 international students. The college has four locations in the New York City area, six locations in New Jersey, as well as full degree programs that
are available online.
With thousands of employees dispersed across many locations, Berkeley College had been using a payroll service bureau and another separate platform for HR, but the higher education company found that interfacing the two different systems was costly, inefficient, and cumbersome. HR executives sought a single, scalable solution—supported by strong customer service—that could deliver the full scope of HCM functionality and help them manage people and administrative operations in a more streamlined and strategic way.
• Onboarding, talent acquisition, and performance management are now aligned in one cohesive, organized, and efficient system of record.
• Employees are engaged through the delivery of online tools for career-related interaction.
• Information collected during the hiring process can be moved directly into onboarding, alerting others in the organization to the arrival date of the new hire, so employees can be productive very quickly with their IT hardware, company identification/security privileges, and workspace ready.
• Communication and collaboration have been dramatically improved, impacting productivity, employee engagement and adoption, and the overall perception of Berkeley and the company’s HR team.
• Employees, managers, and HR understand and follow the same channels and procedures for every HR practice.