American Fidelity Assurance Company
Deploys UltiPro’s predictive analytics to enhance management’s leadership skills, support retention strategy
- Company leadership benefits from synergy of in-house retention curriculum and UltiPro’s Leadership Actions tool
- HR takes leading role in planning retention strategies with executives
- Managers motivated to take action to retain high-risk, high-performing employees
American Fidelity Assurance Company is a supplemental benefits provider with a focus on the education, municipality, auto retail, and healthcare industries. The company has more than 2,000 employees who serve more than one million customers across 49 states. American Fidelity has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For" ten times and has landed on additional Fortune magazine/Great Place to Work lists. The company is committed to creating a positive work environment for its employees.
American Fidelity has been an Ultimate Software customer since 2004, and began using the UltiPro Retention Predictor™ in 2014.
“Headcount at American Fidelity has grown exponentially over the past five years, and we were interested in using Big Data analysis to get in front of any problems that might develop,” said Lauren Fletcher, analytics and wellness specialist for American Fidelity. “We wanted to help our managers make decisions and develop existing leadership skills by leveraging the power of data to complement insight. We discovered Ultimate’s predictive analytics and believed it could augment our retention strategy, providing insight into all the factors that make up the employee experience.”
When American Fidelity enabled the UltiPro Retention Predictor™, the company’s HR team urged its leadership to use the data as a trigger to take action, considering not only the numbers but also the people behind the data points. “For example, we encouraged our leaders to recognize the value that comes from meaningful conversations with members of their teams,” said Fletcher.
• UltiPro’s Leadership Actions feature suggests actionable next steps across more than a dozen categories of engagement for leaders to use.
• Predictive tool is embedded in UltiPro
• 175 managers provided with access to predictive analytics
• Success in developing managers’ leadership skills.