Delta Sonic Car Wash Systems
Improves Complex Payroll Processing with UltiPro
- Reduced administrative headcount and redirected staff to strategic initiatives
- Increased efficiencies for complex payroll that accommodates a scalable workforce
- Achieved immediate access to a range of business intelligence, such as reports on headcount, compliance, and earnings
Delta Sonic Car Wash Systems, Inc. is known as the “kissing clean car wash” because of the care that each car receives. With a mission to create the gentlest, safest, most thorough car wash system ever developed, Delta Sonic created the Touch-Less Car (TLC) Wash. With this revolutionary wash, no spinning brushes touch the car’s exterior. The spinning cloth brushes are replaced with special sprays of water and lotions as well as an overhead buffing cloth.
Delta Sonic had been using a payroll service bureau that couldn’t address the company’s complex needs for payroll and reporting. The car wash has a fluctuating workforce with employees who often work in multiple jobs in different profit centers, receive tips that may require makeup pay, and must be paid bonuses and commissions. Managing compensation for employees in 29 car washes, detail shops, lube shops, and convenience stores, Delta Sonic’s payroll staff previously spent hours each week on manual data entry, payroll calculations, and reporting. When the team would receive hourly information from the different locations, they had to break it out by hand, by job, and by location and then apply the appropriate wage rate for each job. Other calculations, such as figuring makeup pay for tipped employees and bonuses, would have to be completed manually as well. Delta Sonic hoped that a new HCM system would improve its processes, help reduce its administrative staff, and redirect efforts to strategic assignments.
• Immediate, real-time access to earnings and other payroll details, compliance numbers, headcount reports, and a variety of business intelligence data
• Ability to provide executives with the detailed and current information they need to make strategic decisions
• Reports that summarize productivity indicators are prepared within minutes instead of hours
• Ability to reduce administrative headcount because of efficiencies UltiPro has provided to the business