Improves HCM, Supports Dispersed Workforce with UltiPro
- Accelerated, accurate time and labor processes
- Streamlined processes, enhanced data integrity via single-source, unified HCM
- Improved visibility into a range of critical HR information
BWI Companies, Inc. currently distributes lawn and garden products, horticultural products, and turf products to garden centers, farm & feed stores, hardware stores, grocery, regional multi-store outlets, greenhouse growers, nursery growers, landscapers, lawn & landcare companies, golf courses and other related outlets. BWI began wholesale operations in 1972 and has since expanded to a total of 14 locations, including eight full line distribution centers across the Southeastern U.S.
BWI had been using traditional, stand-alone time clocks to collect employee attendance information. This data was passed from manager to administrator to the accounting department before being manually entered into the payroll service bureau.
The lack of automation hindered optimal administration, and with company expansion, reliance on paper-based processes, data entry, and reconciliation had become an increasing strain on resources.
• With UltiPro Time Management, employees can clock in, managers can review and approve the time, and the company is ready to process payroll, all through web capabilities.
• Built-in business rules handle the company’s complex calculations for overtime, holiday pay, and other paid time-off.
• UltiPro provides BWI employees with immediate, 24-7 access where they can view current or past time sheets, make PTO requests, and see accrued time for vacation.
• Business intelligence is enabling the company to generate and deliver all kinds of analytics with real-time information.