Diamond Vogel Paints
Takes Control of HR and Payroll with UltiPro Key Benefits
- Improved reporting for day-to-day operations oversight, compliance, and business intelligence
- Reduced redundant data entry
- Streamlined benefits management
With more than 85 years in the industry, Diamond Vogel Paints makes architectural (interior and exterior), industrial, and heavy-duty protective coatings, paints, and stains under brand names such as Diamond Vogel and Van Sickle. Its Old Masters unit makes stains, varnishes, pickling, and other wood care products. Diamond Vogel Paints sells its products through 80 company-owned stores, primarily in the Midwestern and Southwestern U.S.
Diamond Vogel Paints used a payroll service bureau for its payroll and managed its HR with spreadsheets and paper forms. With complexities resulting from 10 subsidiaries that have separate federal employer identification numbers, the company’s HR team was growing tired of paying the payroll service bureau for bonus payroll runs resulting from errors that leadership believes would not have occurred if his staff had in-house control of its processes.
• The company’s reporting has become more valuable, benefits management is streamlined, and HR employee stress levels have been reduced
• HR team can generate sophisticated real-time manpower reports for supervisors that include a range of metrics, such as overtime and hours worked by location
• By providing company executives and managers with point-in-time reporting, HR is helping the company stay on target and focused on business goals